Saturday, December 09, 2006

Poles with faces but no names...

I bought this photo of this wedding party on ebay sometime ago. I bought it because the studio was M. Derkach Art Studio at 11352 Jos. Campau Ave, Hamtramck, Mich. And, I knew that this studio did many of the Polish weddings, 1st Holy Communions, high school graduations and what have you in the Polish Community. I don't know who the people are but I think it would be a safe bet to say they are Poles. It's one teeny-tinny slice of Detroit Polish history with no names or any story to go along with the picture. So, I thought I would share it with you and maybe somebody out there will see this and maybe know who the people are and share some of their story with us. Do you know these people? If you do go down to the commenst section and leave me some information about who these people are and a little about their lives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, I'd just come across about 20+ amazing 1930-40s era photos, some from M. Derkach Art Studios...

all the images were left in a trunk that was then sold to a dealer... the dealer gave me the photos, and i am going to scan them in... no family names.

was wondering if i can send them to you, you can post them?

Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Detroit'Soul said...

Hi Dorthy, I think that would be great if you would like me to post your photos. Being a photographer I will certainly give you the credit for the photos. Maybe we can collaborate on some verbiage to accompany the photos. How would you like to get the photos to me? Do you want to send them to me by email or send hard copies. Anyway you would like to do it is fine with me. Just let me know by responding to this note with a message of your own. Thanks, Mike

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home